Train the Trainer-ODH RN'S OR LPN'S
Ohio Department of Health Approved
This course is for nurses interested in teaching nurse aides. Ohio long-term care codes require that nurses who serve as Program Coordinators (PCs) and Primary Instructors (PIs) for Training and Competency Evaluation Programs (TCEPs) take a state-approved Train the Trainer (TTT) course.
The Modified Version of Train the Trainer: Ohio nurses who have the prerequisites above, and who also have a degree in education, or a vocational education certificate for teaching health occupations from the Ohio Dept. of Education, or who have successfully completed an Ohio TTT course within the past two years but have been inactive as PCs or PIs are eligible to take the modified version of this Train the Trainer course.
Train The Trainer
245A Northland Boulevard Main Site
DAY CLASSES START DATES
8:00am - 4:30pm / only 4 hours on the 4th day
- Ohio Nursing License (RN or LPN).
- Resume. RN must have two years (3,200 hours) of nursing experience as a licensed nurse caring for the elderly or chronically ill individuals of any age. This experience may be obtained through employment in a LTC facility, home health agency, or hospital providing care to chronically ill or other LTC setting.
- Resume. LPN work experience of 3,200 hours must be obtained in LTC setting-only(NEW RULE).
Please provide written documentation of 3200 hours on company letter-head from employers and submit it with your registration and resume (48 hours prior to start of class) . You must include contact name and number of employers so that it can be verified.
- You must meet the above criteria in order to attend this Train the Trainer course.
- In addition, to be a Program Coordinator (PC), one year (1,600 hours) of your nursing experience must be in a LTC facility. Only an RN may be a PC(Primary Coordinator)
- Note: Ohio rules specify that RNs may be PCs or PI's in any TCEP; LPNs may be PI's in facility-based and non-facility based programs.
RN Associates ® 245 Northland Blvd. Cincinnati,OH 45246
4 DAY CLASS
April 17th, 18th, 19th and 20
8:00am - 4:30pm first three days
4th day 9am-1pm